Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The family and I had a GREAT time at Mammoth Cave and Cave City Kentucky. We saw a lot of really cool stuff, all of which I have photos of to show you on Monday. I also went to this way cool antique shop and picked up some awesome things for U.S. History. I bought a tobacco spike from the late 1700's to early 1800's. I also picked up a tobacco cutter from the same time period.....how awesome is that!!!!!. To add to our discussions about cash crops and middle colonial farming, I bought an actual cotton plant with cotton buds on it and picked tobacco and brought back some leaves to show you all.

I leave in the morning for Phoenix to lay my Grandmother to rest. She has been waiting a long time for the day she gets to meet her savior and, if you believe like that, she has now closed her eyes and taken her last breath here on earth and opened her eyes and took her next breath in heaven with the Lord.

Looking forward to getting back to school and sharing all the exciting things I got with all of you.

Hope your break is going well and all are safe and having fun.

Mr. Clark

1 comment:

  1. I bet you had a great weekend Mr.Clark
    i did i saw my uncle from the hospital. i won all my football games . were 6-0 .YAY.
    cant wait to see the new things you got for us to discuss on monday...... Well see you on monday .


    -Shane Corman

    ReplyDelete