Wednesday, September 9, 2009

7th Grade Test Results

Core 1
High 58
Low 12
Average 29.6 out of 50

A- 4
B- 1
C- 0
D- 2
F- 18

Core 2
High 46
Low 11
Average 24.3 out of 50

A- 1
B- 2
C- 1
D- 1
F- 14

Clearly the students blew this test off and they confirmed that in class today. I was conflicted as to what to do about the low score. I have decided to allow the students to "fix" the ones they got wrong and earn half credit for all the corrected answers. The catch is that they must be signed by a parent. I think a discussion at home about study time and amount of time spent on school work at home might be appropriate. I was very disappointed in the effort especially since every short answer question on the test was taken directly from the study guide. The problem there is that only about 1/3 of the students completed the study guide.

Thanks for your help at home regarding this issue. I will not always allow "fixing" tests but this time I am.
Mr. Clark

2 comments:

  1. it was very hard but iam about tto correct itt.......by casie miller

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Clark I bet you were FURIOUS when you saw this.Sorry
    Senor Wilson

    ReplyDelete