Saturday, September 26, 2009

8th Grade study guide for Chapter 4

Define and Explain
Religious Tolerance
Sabbath
Town Meetings
Patroons
Proprietary Colony
Royal Colony
Cash Crops
Indentured Servant
Act of Toleration
Tenant Farmers
Mercantilism
Navigation Acts
Yankee
Triangle Trade Routes
Legislature
Upper House
Lower House
Gentry
Middle Class
Apprentice

Who was, and what did each do....
James Oglethorpe
Thomas Hooker
William Penn
Roger Williams
John Winthrop
Anne Hutchinson


Explain the Great Awaking and its significance

Explain the 3 Triangular Trade Routes

List The pros and cons to the Navigation Acts

Why did the Puritans leave England, and what was there settlement when they arrived in the New Country

List the Colonies and the Countries that controlled them and Year they were founded

Tell me about John Locke, why was he important

Tell me about the Enlightenment

Explain the motivations of each region of colonies...New England, Middle, and Southern

Explain the Economies of each region of colonies

Study smart and be prepared on Monday with questions and difficulties

Have a fun and safe weekend
Mr. Clark

13 comments:

  1. Thank you for putting up the study guide,I really needed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On number 31. I don't understand what it is we are supposed to do,"list the Colonies and Countries that controlled them and Year they were founded." Whats that mean?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have my book what. What am I supposed to do!! :(.
    -Becca Waterman

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah.....

    Pennsylvania...William Penn....England.....17??

    You should be referencing the handout I gave you.

    Mr. Clark

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhh.....I see it all now. thanks Mr. Clark.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr. Clark thank you for the study guide, but it is really hard and long. I am not complaining but I am having a lot of trouble with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YO M.C.! I dun did the stidy guide because g-man duz it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey Mr.Clark i have bad news i left my book at school during after care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you put the investment into studying this weekend and used tonight to finalize the information, you will do fine. And Jaymes I would not waste my time with section 3 in the textbook. All the information I used on the test is from the notes I gave you for that section. I am hoping for the best tomorrow, but deep down I am fearing the worst. I just don't think that a lot of you dedicated the time needed to do well on this test!

    ReplyDelete